Tuesday, October 29, 2013

I Lay Me Down

I know it's been way too long since I've posted and I tell myself I'll be more consistent every time but that just never seems to be the case. Today's post it going to be a little short (okay, maybe not as short as I presumed) as it is already quite late.

Basally, to make things as short and sweet as possible, I'm just gonna talk about prayer and my recent written ones. Now, just as I am inconsistent in my blogging, along with a lot of other things, I also am at praying. I go through stages where I think I can handle things on my own for awhile then I finally become desperate and come to terms with the fact that Jesus is the only solution. It truly sickens me. I should constantly be pouring my heart out to Him (Pray without ceasing-1 Thessalonians 5:17). not just circumstantially! Not only does it glorify Him and give us continual communication with Him which draws us closer to Him, but it frees us from burden that He's always willing to take.

So with this first prayer, the song We Fall Down  popped into my head so I decided to turn it into first person and to list out my specific "crowns." First though, are the lyrics to the song:
We fall down. We lay our crowns at the feet of Jesus. The greatness of  mercy and love at the feet of Jesus. We cry holy, holy holy( x3) is the Lamb.
So my prayer is written out like so:
I fall down, I lay my (crowns)...
-fears                    -anxieties/worries
-pressures             -pride
-comforts              -doubts
-bad attitude         -selfishness
...at the feet of Jesus.
Then I continued by writing out song lyrics that were the specific cries of my heart that night.
-"Take my life and let it be all for You and for Your glory. Take my life and let it be Yours."
-"Soften my heart, break me apart. I need You to pierce through the dark and cleanse every part of me. Give me faith to trust what You say, that You're Good and Your love is great. I may be weak, but Your Spirit's strong in me. My flesh my fail, but my God You never will!"
-My strength indeed is small. Lord, now indeed I find thy power in thine alone can change the leaper's spots and melt the heart of stone. Jesus paid it all!
Matthew 19:26-"with man, this is impossible, but with God all things are possible!" 

And this second one was Pinterest-inspired. The first section of words I list are what I found online. They were inspired by Proverbs 22:6. "Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn away." So the picture was wall hangings with them all written out separately.
-Teach me to trust               -Teach me to give                  -Teach me to obey
-Teach me to listen              -Teach me to share                -Teach me to serve
-Teach me to love               -Teach me to care                  -Teach me to forgive
And these I added:
-repent                  -go                               -teach                            -die daily
-rely                      -pray                            -wait                              -dive into the Word
-abide                    -speak out                   -plead                            -yield

Yep. Those are my real prayers written in a cute little journal that my dear friend gave me. They are not to make me look more righteous but to simply show you God's goodness and hopefully encourage you.



I lay me down, I'm not my own. I belong to You alone. Letting go of my pride, giving up all my rights, take this life and let it shine. It will be my joy to say, 'Your Will, Your Way, always!'

No comments:

Post a Comment